Specialized Medical Coding Services
Receiving appropriate payment for medical services rendered is a challenge for today’s healthcare providers. With higher numbers of self-pay patients and the increasing complexities of legislative mandates, your practice is at a greater risk for repeated denials, revenue shortfalls and compliance issues. Without dedicated specialists to help manage the process and work with physicians to ensure accurate documentation, maintaining and growing a healthy, profitable practice can be a significant challenge. Accurate, thorough medical coding is simply a must-have for modern, successful healthcare practices.
Best medical coding services in USA
- Expert, certified coders that are specialty-specific and dedicated to your account.
- A comprehensive process tailored to your specific policies and protocols.
- A proprietary workflow management system that supports the coding process and tracks every record, code, and status.
- A multi-faceted rules engine that supports compliance and accurate code assignment.
- Automated charge entry designed to eliminate manual processes and errors.
- An integrated communication process to identify documentation issues and proactively avoid them.
- An organization that is passionate about customer service and education and knowledgeable about all aspects of the revenue cycle
What Does a Medical Coding Company Do?
When a doctor makes notes about a patient, a medical coder is required to translate that jargon into the coding language that’s understood by all healthcare and insurance professionals. Because there are so many different codes, and they all need to be recorded correctly, a lot of healthcare facilities opt to outsource medical coding services to a third party. The risk of error in medical coding can be high — especially for healthcare staff who are already overwhelmed with their day-to-day duties. Listing an incorrect code could translate to claiming a service that was not rendered, resulting in delayed reimbursement at best and potential fraud charges at worst.
Medical coding providers take the burden of responsibility off the healthcare facility, using a team of highly trained medical coders to take on the task of deciphering medical jargon. The staff members at a medical coding company are trained professionals who are cognizant of the minutia of the healthcare world, including diagnoses, medical terminology and procedures. Medical coders are also specialized healthcare, making them experts in the nuances of documenting the specialty they are supporting.
For example, coding service providers, like Mhites, hire medical coding professionals who are experts in the terminology, procedures and diagnoses of specific subspecialties, ensuring that coding is always precise.
Why Should Your Practice Outsource Medical Coding?
There are several reasons to outsource medical coding.
- Cost Containment: Outsourcing radiology coding services can decrease administrative cost.
- Improving accuracy: Since a team of trained professionals is taking care of the coding, you can expect a higher degree of accuracy, which then translates to fewer claim denials and quicker reimbursement.
- Resource Reallocation/Management : Leave your practice to do what it does best, which is treating patients.
Outsourcing coding saves time, allowing you to focus on your practice rather than on documentation. Plus, coding companies that double as billers can help make your claim submission a smooth and seamless process, with little to no errors and quicker reimbursement for services rendered.
Save Time and Resources by Outsourcing Medical Coding
At Healthcare Administrative Partners, we’re determined to help you focus your practice on what truly matters: your patients. We’re not a vendor — we’re your partner, and our goal is to help your practice run more smoothly by increasing your revenue, accelerating the time in which you are reimbursed, and decreasing the number of denied claims.
Partnering with Mhites means you will be working with a medical coding company that empowers your healthcare providers with a rigorously focused approach, customized to your subspecialty, designed to optimize your revenue cycle. Contact us today to discover how we can help.