I have my billing “In-House”, why should I switch to your service?
As per the research on outsourcing your medical billing services, it will increase your net income and facilitates more focus on your patients. Some physicians refrain from outsourcing because of a misconception that it might result in a “loss of control” over their practice. You always have control of your billing information. We can provide your monthly tape backups of all the billing information to-date. Your data belongs to you at all times. In fact, with our technology, your data is accessible in real-time from your office and home.
Do I need expensive software and hardware equipment in my office?
Absolutely not. In fact, you don’t need any software or hardware. If you would like to access your account, all you need is a computer and Internet access. You can securely dial into our computer system and view your account in real-time. The great thing about outsourcing is you eliminate the need for an in-house complete and expensive information technology solution.
What software do you use?
Mhites LLC is very comfortable using all types of medical billing software including eClinical works, medibill MDmanage, Allscripts Cerner, Meditech and Data Strategies’ Elligence. However, we have set-up arrangements with some of our clients who are reluctant unwilling to change their software.
Are you HIPAA compliant?
We understand that this is very essential for your practice to secure PHI (patient health information) and other documents related to patient demographic information. We strictly adhere follow to the standards set by HIPAA and have the following procedures in place:
- Our staff sign a binding and strong confidentiality agreement that covers all the information that we handle on your behalf. We are very strict in dealing with any breach or threatened breaches of confidentiality with respect to your and your patients’ information
- Privacy procedures of HIPAA regulations are a standard part of our employees’ training
- The staff members are not given access to the internet and moreover our systems also do not have external storage devices like floppy, CD drives, USB ports, etc.
- We do not permit the printing of your documents or information. Only those staff members who are working on your process, have access to it on their secure workstations
- Our network is behind a firewall and all our systems and e-mail accounts are password protected
- All data transfer is done through secured SSL 128-bit encryption.
- All Personal stationery, communication devices electronic gadgets are strictly prohibited at the work station. Your data is secure with us. We ensure that it is safe and secure physically and electronically.
Some of the measures we employ include:
Every movement is recorded and there is a restricted entry which is permitted only with access badges
- Only data required to discharge their duties are shared with employees
- Sign Non-disclosure & Confidentiality Agreements
- NDA signed by all employees at the time of joining
- NDA between Client & Mhites
- Personal stationery, communication devices or electronic gadgets are strictly prohibited on the floor
- After our Client approves and accepts the data that we return to them, we erase it from our systems
- Hard copy, print outs are discouraged. Only managers have been granted permission to print in our network. Printouts are shredded after use.
- Security & compliance audits are conducted every quarter
What kind of infrastructure do you have?
- Production areas have well-protected external windows.
- Tinted glasses and blinds are used for all the window panels.
- Each employee is seated ergonomically to ensure adequate privacy.
- Secure production areas by restricting unauthorized entry using access cards.
- Physically isolated LAN from the rest of our network infrastructure.
- Our facility segregates its networks into separate subnets, and segments by unit and project.
- Client’s subnet will be separated from the data servers in a Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) through a gateway/firewall.
- The gateway/firewall will allow only legitimate traffic to flow through it and will be constantly monitored for the identification of any suspicious activity.
Our system has
- To prevent unauthorized users from accessing our systems and your systems that you give us access to, we use a sophisticated Enterprise Authentication Manager. It enables us to implement multi-factor authentication even for applications that don’t have it built-in, automatic update of passwords, access indirection and real password obfuscation, time and location restrictions for access, and access through VPNs.
- Email clients are not installed on the Coders’ desktops.
- Printers are not connected to an isolated network.
- Only restricted access is provided from the LAN to the data servers on the DMZ.
How long does it take to get started?
Transition and Implementation–
- We begin Transition Tasks soon after the contract is signed
- Our Transition Period is short, and we make it very easy for our clients to do the knowledge transfer
- Our Transition Team is very experienced across all aspects of RCM, and have worked with a majority of the Billing Software Systems
- Usually the Production starts from between 1- 2 weeks after the Business contract is signed. This depends on the kind of process and the volume of work
What is your quality process?
- We have a Six Sigma based quality system (DPU) and claims are audited as per the sample size agreed with the client.
- Quality profiling is done to all the team members
- We perform 100% audit sampling for all0 the new team members for the first two months.
- Based on their accuracy, team members are categorized into various audit groups wherein the sample size reduced to 20- 30%
- All errors are categorized and stored in our in-house software to be used for error analysis, root cause analysis, FMEA, process improvement and focused refreshers.